We’ve had a very holiday sort of a day today, niece no. 2 asked for sewing, and finally decided on a top – and so we cut a pattern. The choice of fabric she found fairly straight forward (though I’ve decided I’m really not a fan of viscose!) and we chose the stripes for lining realising it could then be reversible 🙂 No. 2 did many of the seams, though time ran short, so I finished. We stitched the hems together so it’s entirely reversible and a little of the stripe appears when worn with the plain side out.
Since they left I’ve had a moment or three of planning my next makes…I’m thinking that the crazy fish fabric will work as the Cynthia Rowley (Simplicity 1873) if I use some simple broderie anglais for the bodice. I’m a little intimidated by the Amazing Fit patterns, having looked through the instructions, so they may be left until last! I’m not convinced by the abstract stripe print for the Simplicity 1652, I might use it for the 1873 or even the New Look 6184. I guess this leaves me starting with the fish, the seaside and a top 🙂